Dr. Mona Ibrahim Youssri
Psychology, Couples and family counselling, Counselling
Languages: English, Arabic
Experience: 7 years
I believe in the super power of “ PLAY” not only for children but adults as well as a very special factor for family bonding. Play enables the counselor to work on the area between cognition and emotions, where the person releases their heaviest burde
Family happiness and witnessing parents successfully figure out the relationship with their children is a life goal for me. Every family has its own challenges and I believe there is no one size fits all technique for family wellness. I think the counselors’ role is to help each family figure out their own healthy dynamics while coaching them to cope with the difficulties and provide them with skills to enrich their relationships with positivity, wellness and happiness.
I believe in the super power of “ PLAY” not only for children but adults as well as a very special factor for family bonding. Play enables the counselor to work on the area between cognition and emotions, where the person releases their heaviest burdens and unknown troubling agents.
Education & Work History:
I am a medical doctor MBBCH, with a psychiatry specialization, followed by an MA in Counseling Psychology.
Working as a psychiatrist and encountering mentally ill patients made me think of how I can have a role in reducing the struggles. So, as it is known that environment can have a significant role in stimulating mental illness specifically for those genetically predisposed, I decided to work with parents and Teachers on regulating the environments where children are nurtured into healthy well balanced human beings.
The same passion also lead me to founding a psychology based early childhood organization where parents receive psychological guidance through parenting workshops and teachers receive ongoing psychology based training.
I am fluent in both English & Arabic. Brought up in an international and multicultural environment.
- Couples and Family Counseling
- Family Relationship Play Assessment
- Parent-Child relationship Training
- Behavior Management Coaching
- Classroom Management Coaching
- Coping with Separation and Divorce
- Blended Families
- Social Skills Training & Friendship Skills
- Anger Management training
- Anti bullying strategies & Assertiveness Training.
- Empathy training for bullying and aggressive children
- Play Therapy & Sand Therapy for: Trauma, nightmares, selective mutism, anxiety, phobias, and sexual abuse prevention & Treatment.
- School Observations & Consultations (Designing strategies for safe schools)
- Parenting Workshops
- Parent-Child relationship improvement course
- Teacher Training Courses – Care giver training
- Reggio- Emilia Early childhood educational approach training for nurseries and Schools.
- Cognitive behavioral Therapy.
Child and adolescent psychiatrist, Masters of Arts in counseling psychology, AUC 2012.
Affiliated International member of the American psychological Association and a lifetime member of the International honor society in psychology (PSI CHI).
Uses play therapy methods and conducts parent-child play assessments to treat parent- child interaction problems. Member of the APT (American Association for play Therapy). Member of the MEPA (Middle East Psychological Association)
- Psychiatry major from Cairo University.
- Licensed Couples & Family Counselor by the Dubai Health Care City Authority.
Book an Appointment with Dr. Mona Ibrahim Youssri
For more information, please contact: , +971 50 2770888