From the moment of birth until death, people have a deep motive to improve and grow.
I completed my specialist training of Neuropsychiatry from Assuit Univeristy Hospital, Egypt in 2016. I started working as a Psychiatric Specialist in Assuit Hospital for Mental Health and Addiction Treatment. My responsibilities included conducting patients assessments of mental emotional and behavioural disorders, developing comprehensive management plans, prescribing medications, providing individual and group psychotherapy and delivering training programs for junior doctors of adults department.
In 2018 I was promoted to the Head of Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Unit at Assuit Mental Health Hospital, Assiut City, Egypt. I was solely accountable for the management and operations of the child and adolescent unit including outpatient clinics, individual psychotherapy, group therapy for children and adolescent, parenting programmes as well as supervision and training the medical personnel (Doctors, nurses, psychologists and social workers).
From 2019 to 2021, I was collaborating with General Secretariat of Mental Health and Addiction Treatment in the ADHD awareness annual campaign for school teachers, students and parents. I was a key member of their induction course teaching the Physicians and relative personnel.
I initiated (Khuyut), a new group therapy programme for adolescent emotional and behavioral disorders. The programme is accredited by General Secretariat of Mental Health and Addiction Treatment (GSMHAT) Egypt. Leading the team to deliver the programme to seven mental hospitals belongs to GSMHAT, Egypt.
In 2020, I received my license as a group therapist with the Four step integrative model, after three years of study, training and practicing.
In addition I received a license as a Dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) essential skills trainer.
I have a patient first approach and have a passion to deliver high quality compassionate care with attention to detail for my patients. I look forward to developing the AWC Group Therapy offering.
- Clinical assessment, developing comprehensive management plans, prescribing medications and providing psychotherapy for adult mental, emotional and behavioural disorders as:
- Mood disorders (Depression, bipolar disorder, …)
- Anxiety disorders (Panic disorder, social phobia, specific phobias, generalized anxiety disorder, …)
- Obsessive- compulsive disorders.
- Personality disorders (borderline, avoidant, dependant, … personality disorders)
- Trauma and stressor related disorders (Acute stress disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder, adjustment disorder)
- Psychosomatic disorders (Somatic symptoms disorder, illness anxiety disorder… )
- Eating disorders (Anorexia nervosa, binge eating)
- Clinical assessment, developing comprehensive management plans, prescribing medications and providing psychotherapy for child and adolescents mental, emotional and behavioural disorders as:
- Stuttering (childhood-onset fluency disorder).
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
- Oppositional defiant disorder.
- Childhood anxiety disorders (Separation anxiety disorder, selective mutism, generalized anxiety disorder, specific phobias…)
- Mood disorders in children and adolescents (depression, bipolar disorder, disruptive mood dysregulation disorder…)
- Providing different models of individual psychotherapy as:
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy.
- Motivational interviewing.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) skills is a type of talking therapy. It's based on cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), but it's specially adapted for people who feel emotions very intensely. The aim of DBT is to help you: Understand and accept your difficult feelings. Learn skills to manage them.
- Providing different group psychotherapy as:
- Adult group psychotherapy (Four step integrative model)
- Adults DBT skills training.
- Groups for children (groups for ADHD, groups for anxiety, groups for depression, groups for self-esteem and emotional expression)
- Adolescent group for self-esteem and interpersonal skills.
- Parenting counselling (individual and groups).
- Training third party Group Therapy model to incorporate to their school/ university.
- DBT Skills Training: The Essentials
- Regional Affiliate of Behavioral Tech, Linehan Institute Training Company, Egypt. May 2020.
- Diploma in Group Psychotherapy
- Egyptian Association of Group Therapy at the Diwan headquarters in Mokattam, Egypt. 2018.
- Master of Neuropsychiatry with a very good grade
- Faculty of Medicine, Assiut University, Egypt. 2016.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery with a very good grade
- Faculty of Medicine, Assiut University, Egypt. 2011.