Neurosurgery is a branch of Medicine dealing with surgical disorders of the Nervous System. Such disorders affect the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and muscle diseases. Neurosurgeon diagnose and treat such neurological disorders.
I am practicing consultant brain and spine surgeon with more than 30 years of experience. My initial medical training was from Dow Medical College, University of Karachi in Pakistan. I went to United Kingdom in 1982 and completed General Surgery fellowships from Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh and Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians Glasgow, I practiced at North Manchester general hospital and Booth Hall Children Hospital. I completed my training in adult and Paediatric neurosurgery in these institutions and obtained intercollegiate Neurosurgery fellowship from Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh in 1989.
I went back to Pakistan in 1991 and joined Aga Khan University Hospital as Head of Department of Neurosurgery. This is a tertiary hospital catering for a population of 20 million. Here I gained extensive experience in dealing with complicated adult and Paediatric cases which were referred from all over Pakistan and Afghanistan.
In 2008 I came to Dubai and joined Al Rashid Hospital as a Trauma Neurosurgeon where I stayed for 5 years and learned about the neurosurgical practice in U.A.E.
My special interest in treating brain tumours, aneurism, AVM, hydrocephalus and craniosynostosis with all type of cranial trauma gave special status among neurosurgeons in the area. I have extensive experience in degenerative spinal disease, spinal tumours, infections and spinal dysraphism. I have unique and special experience in treating non neurosurgical conditions.
- Headache & Migraine Clinic – Headaches disorders such as migraine, tension headaches cluster headaches, Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN).
- Epilepsy (seizure) and non-epileptic disorders
- Movement disorders (including tremors and Parkinson’s disease).
- Multiple sclerosis and other demyelinating disorders including Guillain-Barre’ syndrome and chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP)
- Memory loss and dementia
- Neurodegenerative disorders including Alzheimer’ s disease, Huntington’s disease and motor neurone disease (MND)
- Vertigo and dizziness
- Gait and balance disorders
- Neck pain and back pain
- Tumours of the brain, spinal cord and the peripheral nerves (neuromas).
- Cerebro-vascular disease including Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Infections of the brain and spinal cord such as encephalitis, meningitis and myelitis
- Disorders of the peripheral nerves (neuropathy), muscles (myopathy) and neuromuscular junctions (e.g. myasthenia gravis)
Consultant Neurosurgeon MBBS , FRCS(Ed),FRCS(Glas) ,FRCS(Ed) Surgical Neurology
- DHA license (Dubai Health Authority)
- DHCC license (Dubai Healthcare City)