I am always very passionate about my work and always give it my best, as I believe any one in the profession of helping people, should always have a genuine desire to support people and help them improve their lives.
I am a medical doctor MBBCH, with a psychiatry specialization, followed by an MA in Psychology.
Working as a psychiatrist and encountering mentally ill patients made me think of how I can have a role in reducing the struggles. So, as it is known that environment can have a significant role in stimulating mental illness specifically for those genetically predisposed, I decided to work with parents and Teachers on regulating the environments where children are nurtured into healthy well balanced human beings.
I am a member of MEPA (Middle East Psychological Association), and ACAMH member, and, a lifetime member of the International Honour Society in psychology (PSI CHI).
I am very proud to have helped with the start-up of the Graduate School of Education of the American University in Cairo by training teachers at different international schools in Egypt. I am also a certified trainer and corporate Coach.
I use Play Therapy methods and conducts parent-child play assessments to treat parent- child interaction problems. I also work with children showing behavioral problems mostly using play therapy methods and behavioral management techniques.
Being the founder and owner of CLC Educational Group, a group of early literacy-based preschools and the first in Egypt to have a child psychology-based curriculum, I conduct and design programs for; teachers workshops as well as parenting lectures. I also design school counseling systems including training and supervising the school counsellors.
Throughout my 10 years of working as a psychologist, I have worked with adults of different cultural origins and beliefs, I have also been able to diagnose and treat adults with psychological problems like anxiety, depression, communication lags, and self-esteem issues, or signs of psychiatric or psychotic episodes indicating referral to a psychiatrist or a neurologist.
- Family Relationship Play Assessment
- Parent-Child Relationship Training
- Couples and Family Counseling
- Behavior Management Coaching
- Classroom Management Coaching
- Coping with Separation and Divorce
- Blended Families
- Social Skills Training & Friendship Skills
- Anger Management training
- Anti-bullying Strategies & Assertiveness Training.
- Empathy training for bullying and aggressive children
- Play Therapy & Sand Therapy for trauma, nightmares, selective mutism, anxiety, phobias
- sexual abuse prevention & Treatment.
- School Observations & Consultations (Designing strategies for safe schools)
- Parenting Workshops
- Parent-Child Relationship improvement course
- Teacher Training Courses
- Caregiver training
- Reggio- Emilia Early childhood educational approach training for nurseries and Schools.
- Cognitive-behavioral Therapy CBT for adults and children.
- EMDR therapy
- MBBCH of medical school, Cairo university.
- MA of psychology, American University of Cairo
- Licensed - DHCC, Dubai