"Each day of our lives, we make deposits in the memory banks of our children"
He received his board certification in Psychiatry and Child and AdolescentPsychiatry. Currently he divides his time between the Columbia faculty, as anattending physician in the Psychiatry/Child Psychiatry Department, and as theclinical director at the Central NY Psychiatric Center’s Bedford Hills CorrectionalFacility operation. He is also the site director in charge of the ColumbiaForensic Psychiatry Fellowship program at Bedford Hills. He supervisesforensic fellows during their rotation. He served as the Medical Staff OfficePresident for Central New York Psychiatric Center.
His current clinical interestsare emergency psychiatry and trauma-related illness. Dr. Siddique is also veryinvolved with the Bangladeshi medical community in North America. He alsohas founded an NGO focused on providing basic health information toBangladeshi populations domestically and abroad through magazines andtelevision programs.
In addition to his clinical activities, Dr. Siddique teaches residents, medicalstudents, post-doc fellows, and interns/externs of various programs.
- Psychiatric evaluation & treatment: Adult and Children
- Extensive expertise in areas of Psychiatric, emergencies, and Risk assessment.
- Major Psychiatric illnesses including Childhood developmentally challenged illnesses e.g. Autism spectrum disorder, Childhood trauma, Learning and global development issues, Childhood depression, Mood, and other psychotic disorders in children.
- Major Mental illness in Adulthood: Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder, Major depression, PTSD/Trauma, Personality disorders, Suicidal & parasuicidal behaviors and substance abuse issues.
- Extensive expertise in Psychotherapy: CBT, Interpersonal, IPT, Couples therapy, Behavioral therapy geared towards child behavior & Superspecialized in Family therapy.
- Fully Licensed to practice medicine in USA and Canada. Currently, practicing in the State of New York
- Fully Licensed to Practice Medicine in U.A.E.
- Fully Licensed to Practice Medicine in Bangladesh