Our clinical dietician can assess your nutritional deficiencies and work with you to create a framework for a balanced, nutritional diet.
Our clinical dietician can assess your nutritional deficiencies and caloric needs, combine these with your food preferences and lifestyle or health needs, and create a framework for a balanced, nutritional diet.
Today, humans are arguably more well-fed than any time in history, but many of us need help to reprogram what, when, and how we feed ourselves. At times, situational changes in our lives mean how and what we eat, and nutrition, become a pressing concern. Our nutritionists or dieticians can create a plan to help you cope with, or overcome, those challenges.
Whether your health concerns are driving you to eating better, you’re facing struggles with your digestion, thinking of getting pregnant, or suffering any number of other related issues, our team is ready to help.
Our nutrition team can:
- Establish proper meal plans that accommodate patient preferences, health needs, and budget
- Evaluate the health and diet needs of patients
- Calculate patient’s specific nutritional requirements
- Analyze nutritional content of food
- Educate other healthcare professionals about food and nutrition
- Educate the public about the need for proper dieting, and its importance in disease prevention
Why should I seek the help of a Nutritionist?
- You want to eat smarter
Our nutritionist can help you sort through misinformation. They can teach how to read labels at the supermarket, show you how inexpensive healthy cooking can be, help you dine out without ruining your eating plan, and give you strategies to resist workplace temptations.
- You have diabetes, cardiovascular problems, or high blood pressure
Nutrition can play an integral part in healthcare by helping you safely change your eating plan without compromising taste or nutrition.
- You are thinking of having, or have had, gastric-bypass surgery
In post-bypass life, your stomach can only manage small servings, making it a challenge to get the right quantities of nutrients. An RDN will work with you and your physician to develop an eating plans for your new needs.
- You have digestive problems
Beyond eliminating carbonated drinks and fried foods, our team will work with you and your physician to help fine-tune all areas of your diet to limit digestive aggravation.
- You’re pregnant or trying to get pregnant
Our team will help ensure you get crucial nutrients, such as folate, especially during the first trimester of pregnancy. This can lower risks for neural tube or spinal cord defects in your newborn.
- You have, or your teenager has, issues with food and eating healthily
We can assist with eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia, or even help diversify the nutritional intake You need to gain or lose weight
Our nutritionist can suggest additional calorie sources and eating strategies to aid with healthy weight gain. For weight loss, they can devise a restricted-calorie eating plan, plus outline regular physical activity options and needs, while you’ll still get to eat your favorite foods.et to eat your favorite foods.
If you think our nutritionist can help you with your dietary challenges, please call American Wellness Center today.